Please log in to download the material. Not yet a Blackcat-Cideb user? Register now..
Are you an Italian teacher? Reminder: to access the teacher downloads, you will need to request the access password from your referring agent.
|Author||Ann Farley, Betty Walters|
Viewpoints takes us on a tour through the culture of the English-speaking world, inspired by the words of some of the most important writers.
The volume is divided into ten units, based on texts by Shelley, Dickens, Wilde, Joyce, Carroll, Poe, Twain, Hawthorne, Fitzgerald, Salinger, in order to deal with the key aspects of English-speaking countries and cultures.
• Language&Education: how the English language has changed, how it has spread in the world and the British and American education systems
• Media&Society: work, young people and the media, in the English-speaking world
• Environment: the most important ecological issues, pollution and ecological politics
• Science&Technology: science, research and the history of industry and technology
• Art: traditional painting and avant-garde art, architecture, photography, films and music
And much more:
• Travel (tourist attractions, landscapes, national parks),
• Food (traditional food and eating habits, food and festivities),
• Homes (typical homes, the life in the countryside and in the city),
• Leisure (free time activities and sports).
At the end of the book, a Map and Fact File section (the UK, the USA, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India) enhances the volume with a global view of the English-speaking world.
• 10 units made up of 6 double-page sections, 4 sections are dedicated to cultural studies and 2 sections to literature and art
• a range of activities practicing the four skills
• the student’s book is accompanied by a DVD featuring the digital book, extra material in pdf, audio files and videos